Standardized Testing Boycott: Good Idea?
|The rebellion against standardized testing is expanding across the nation. Teachers are refusing to give the tests and parents are withdrawing their kids from the testing process. Is this a good idea? What’s on the downside?|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 3.5K 0
March 7, 2013 A Minute With Diane Ravitch
Diane Ravitch is a research professor of education at New York University and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. Diane is the author of several books, including "The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education" (2010).
More from Diane Ravitch
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media