Staying Motivated, Passionate and Excited about Teaching
Rae Pica with Rafe Esquith, Dr. Allen Mendler, Lee Kolbert & Nancy Flanagan.
|A recent Gallup poll found that within one to three years of teaching less than a third of teachers are still deeply enthusiastic about their work and actively contributing to their organizations. For the most part we know why so many teachers become demotivated. What we don’t broadly know is how to prevent it. Our guests today have spent decades in the classroom and are still passionate and engaged. They’ve come to share the keys to staying excited about teaching. Tune in…|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
September 30, 2013 Educators Channel
Rafe Esquith, award-winning teacher, is in his 31st year of teaching and is author of four books, including the bestseller Real Talk for Real Teachers. Dr. Allen Mendler, trainer and author, develops effective frameworks and strategies for educators to help difficult youth succeed. Lee Kolbert is a blogger, educator, and self-proclaimed geek. She has been with Palm Beach County Schools for over 27 years. Nancy Flanagan is a retired teacher with 31 years as a K-12 music specialist.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media