Stepping Toward Sensible, Valid Teacher Evaluations
Rae Pica with W. James Popham, Lisa Nielsen
In this segment we look at formative and summative teacher evaluations and discuss what teachers can do to support more valid and effective assessments.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
April 18, 2014 Educators Channel
W. James Popham, a UCLA emeritus professor, is the author of Evaluating America’s Teachers: Mission Possible? The author of more than 30 books, 200 journal articles, and 200 research papers, he has studied the evaluation of teachers throughout his entire career. Lisa Nielsen, author of the book Teaching Generation Text, is a longtime public school educator who has worked in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. She writes the award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media