Stepping Toward Sensible, Valid Teacher Evaluations
Rae Pica with W. James Popham, Lisa Nielsen
In this segment we look at formative and summative teacher evaluations and discuss what teachers can do to support more valid and effective assessments.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
April 18, 2014 Educators Channel
W. James Popham, a UCLA emeritus professor, is the author of Evaluating America’s Teachers: Mission Possible? The author of more than 30 books, 200 journal articles, and 200 research papers, he has studied the evaluation of teachers throughout his entire career. Lisa Nielsen, author of the book Teaching Generation Text, is a longtime public school educator who has worked in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. She writes the award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media