Stepping Toward Sensible, Valid Teacher Evaluations
Rae Pica with W. James Popham, Lisa Nielsen
In this segment we look at formative and summative teacher evaluations and discuss what teachers can do to support more valid and effective assessments.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.0K 0
April 18, 2014 Educators Channel
W. James Popham, a UCLA emeritus professor, is the author of Evaluating America’s Teachers: Mission Possible? The author of more than 30 books, 200 journal articles, and 200 research papers, he has studied the evaluation of teachers throughout his entire career. Lisa Nielsen, author of the book Teaching Generation Text, is a longtime public school educator who has worked in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. She writes the award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media