Straight A’s Are Not Enough: Teaching Kids to Be Excellent Students
Vicki Davis with Judy Fishel
We often tell students to pay attention and study for the test. Yet, we rarely teach kids how to be great students. Our guest provide a road map to help.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.9K 0
October 6, 2015 Every Classroom Matters
Judy Fishel is an award winning teacher, now retired, whoÂ has just published her book, Straight A’s Are Not Enough: Breakthroughs in Learning for College Students. Howard Gardner says While this survey of best practices in learning is targeted to college students, its recommendations are useful for learners of all ages.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media