Stressful, Sensitive, Risky Discussions: Tips for Educators?
Dr. Brad Gustafson and Ben Gilpin with Johan E. Uvin, and Kwesi Rollins
|Educators are increasingly confronted with stressful, sensitive, and risky discussions that are easier to avoid than address. There’s a growing sense that we are ill prepared to manage these potentially explosive encounters. Our guests offer guidance and a toolkit.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.6K 1
October 20, 2017 UnearthED
Johan E. Uvin joined the Institute for Educational Leadership as its new President in Spring 2017. Previously, he served as the Acting Assistant Secretary for the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) at the U.S. Department of Education. Kwesi Rollins, a member of IEL’s Senior Leadership Team, guides IEL’s portfolio of programs designed to develop and support leaders with a particular emphasis on Family and Community Engagement, Early Childhood Education and Community-based Leadership Development. Brad Gustafson is the principal and lead learner at Greenwood Elementary in Minnesota. Ben Gilpin is currently the principal at Warner Elementary School in Spring Arbor.
More from Brad Gustafson
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
- Cultivating Aggression: Something We Should Never See on an Infant’s Daily ReportBy Debra PierceJuly 26, 2019
- 3 Tips For Making Your Next Conference Your Best YetBy Jon HarperJuly 22, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media