Stressful, Sensitive, Risky Discussions: Tips for Educators?
Dr. Brad Gustafson and Ben Gilpin with Johan E. Uvin, and Kwesi Rollins
|Educators are increasingly confronted with stressful, sensitive, and risky discussions that are easier to avoid than address. There’s a growing sense that we are ill prepared to manage these potentially explosive encounters. Our guests offer guidance and a toolkit.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.6K 1
October 20, 2017 UnearthED
Johan E. Uvin joined the Institute for Educational Leadership as its new President in Spring 2017. Previously, he served as the Acting Assistant Secretary for the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) at the U.S. Department of Education. Kwesi Rollins, a member of IEL’s Senior Leadership Team, guides IEL’s portfolio of programs designed to develop and support leaders with a particular emphasis on Family and Community Engagement, Early Childhood Education and Community-based Leadership Development. Brad Gustafson is the principal and lead learner at Greenwood Elementary in Minnesota. Ben Gilpin is currently the principal at Warner Elementary School in Spring Arbor.
More from B. Gustafson
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media