Substituting Portfolios for Grades: Meaningful Assessment?
Tom Whitby, Nancy Blair andLeanna Prater
Can portfolios provide a viable measurement of student learning? How can they displace or support traditional grades?
Ed Chat Archive: http://edchat.pbworks.com/
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.1K 0
March 24, 2016 EdChat Radio
Leanna Prater, M.A. Ed., is a District Technology Resource teacher for Fayette County Public Schools, Lexington, KY. Nancy Blair is a middle school principal in Georgia and previously served as a school improvement consultant. Tom Whitby is a former contributing editor at SmartBrief, founder of #Edchat, Twitter-Using Educators and NYSCATE.
More from T. Whitby
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media