Success With Newcomers and English Language Learners
Dr. Chaunte Garrett with Dr. Margarita Calderon and Shawn Slakk
Join us for a discussion on the best ways to support students who are new to the country or still struggling with learning in English.
Share 692 0
August 11, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Dr. Margarita Calderon and Shawn Slakk are co-authors of "Success with Multicultural Newcomers and English Learners: Proven Practices for School Leadership Teams." She is Johns Hopkins University professor emerita and has served on national preschool to 12th-grade literacy panels. She has authored, co-authored, or edited more than 100 books, articles, and chapters. Shawn Slakk is vice president of operations and senior consultant for Margarita Calderón & Associates, where he and his colleagues train teachers and administrators how to consolidate language, literacy, and content for English learners and all other students. Dr. Chaunte Garrett is a longtime educator, speaker, and presenter, as well as an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media