Take This Game and Shove it!
Mark Hyman with host Rae Pica
|There are sports camps for kids at 18 months and golf training videos for toddlers. As ambitious and competitive parents push their kids to play and win, more children are burning out, dropping out and becoming turned off to competitive sports. Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who says parents are pushing kids to play till it hurts and they are.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 824 0
May 8, 2009 Physical Education
Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who has written for numerous national publications. He has a special interest in sports for children and has written on the subject, with articles appearing in the New York Times, Sports Illustrated, and Child Magazine, among other media outlets. His most recent book is on the troubled state of sports for children, Until It Hurts (Beacon Press).
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media