Take This Game and Shove it!
Mark Hyman with host Rae Pica
|There are sports camps for kids at 18 months and golf training videos for toddlers. As ambitious and competitive parents push their kids to play and win, more children are burning out, dropping out and becoming turned off to competitive sports. Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who says parents are pushing kids to play till it hurts and they are.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 824 0
May 8, 2009 Physical Education
Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who has written for numerous national publications. He has a special interest in sports for children and has written on the subject, with articles appearing in the New York Times, Sports Illustrated, and Child Magazine, among other media outlets. His most recent book is on the troubled state of sports for children, Until It Hurts (Beacon Press).
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media