Take This Game and Shove it!
Mom, Take This Game and Shove It!
Mark Hyman with host Rae Pica
|There are sports camps for kids at 18 months and golf training videos for toddlers. As ambitious and competitive parents push their kids to play and win, more children are burning out, dropping out and becoming turned off to competitive sports. Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who says parents are pushing kids to play till it hurts and they are.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.9K 0
May 8, 2009 Parents Channel
Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who has written for numerous national publications. He has a special interest in sports for children and has written on the subject, with articles appearing in the New York Times, Sports Illustrated, and Child Magazine, among other media outlets. His most recent book is on the troubled state of sports for children, Until It Hurts (Beacon Press).
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Only One Who Likes Change is a Wet Baby! (Baby, Look At Us Now!)By Rita WirtzMay 23, 2020
- Embracing the FutureBy Tim RamseyMay 16, 2020
- 10 Areas That Districts Need to Focus on Post-COVID19By Jay EitnerMay 11, 2020
- Children’s Book Week 2020, at Home. Every Child a Reader!By Rita WirtzMay 8, 2020
- “All Together Now”, Thank A Teacher!By Rita WirtzMay 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media