Take This Game and Shove it!
Mom, Take This Game and Shove It!
Mark Hyman with host Rae Pica
|There are sports camps for kids at 18 months and golf training videos for toddlers. As ambitious and competitive parents push their kids to play and win, more children are burning out, dropping out and becoming turned off to competitive sports. Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who says parents are pushing kids to play till it hurts and they are.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.9K 0
May 8, 2009 Parents Channel
Mark Hyman is a long-time sports journalist who has written for numerous national publications. He has a special interest in sports for children and has written on the subject, with articles appearing in the New York Times, Sports Illustrated, and Child Magazine, among other media outlets. His most recent book is on the troubled state of sports for children, Until It Hurts (Beacon Press).
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media