Talking About Race in the Classroom: Does Shock and Awe Work?
Anthony Rebora with Matthew Kay
|In this episode, we take a candid look at the challenges of discussing race in the classroom with an eye on what works and what does not.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 775 0
April 7, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Matthew Kay is a founding English teacher at Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia and the author of <i>Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom</i> (Stenhouse, 2018). Host Anthony Rebora is the Editor in Chief of Education Leadership.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- CrumpledBy Jon HarperJuly 6, 2019
- Summer Learning Slide! What’s Up? or Down?By Rita WirtzJune 27, 2019
- Share! What Does It Really Mean?By Gail MultopJune 21, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media