Talking About Race in the Classroom: Does Shock and Awe Work?
Anthony Rebora with Matthew Kay
|In this episode, we take a candid look at the challenges of discussing race in the classroom with an eye on what works and what does not.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.0K 0
April 7, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Matthew Kay is a founding English teacher at Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia and the author of <i>Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom</i> (Stenhouse, 2018). Host Anthony Rebora is the Editor in Chief of Education Leadership.
More from Anthony Rebora
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media