Talking About Race in the Classroom: Does Shock and Awe Work?
Anthony Rebora with Matthew Kay
|In this episode, we take a candid look at the challenges of discussing race in the classroom with an eye on what works and what does not.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.0K 0
April 7, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Matthew Kay is a founding English teacher at Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia and the author of <i>Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom</i> (Stenhouse, 2018). Host Anthony Rebora is the Editor in Chief of Education Leadership.
More from Anthony Rebora
Latest EDwords Articles
- UrgentBy Tim RamseyApril 6, 2020
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media