Talking About Race in the Classroom: Does Shock and Awe Work?
Anthony Rebora with Matthew Kay
|In this episode, we take a candid look at the challenges of discussing race in the classroom with an eye on what works and what does not.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.0K 0
April 7, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Matthew Kay is a founding English teacher at Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia and the author of <i>Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom</i> (Stenhouse, 2018). Host Anthony Rebora is the Editor in Chief of Education Leadership.
More from Anthony Rebora
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media