Sleepy Teens: The Hidden Impact of Insufficient Sleep
Dr. Regina Lamourelle with Dr. James Gangwisch & Justin Boudreau.
|Teens need more sleep than they are typically getting and the consequences of being sleep deprived include depression and suicidal thoughts. Our guest talk about the problem and solutions.
Follow on Twitter: @bamradionetwork.com
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 837 0
January 4, 2015 Teaching Teens
Dr. James Gangwisch is an Assistant Professor at the Columbia University Medical Center and a Research Scientist at the New York State Psychiatric Institute. His research focuses on the relationship between sleep duration and psychiatric and metabolic disorders. Justin Boudreau is an educator who challenges youth to think vs. telling them what to think. This former high school teacher, coach of the year, world traveler and author, exudes a realness that students don’t question. On stage, his heart (not his ego).
More from Dr. Regina Lamourelle
Latest EDwords Articles
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media