Sleepy Teens: The Hidden Impact of Insufficient Sleep
Dr. Regina Lamourelle with Dr. James Gangwisch & Justin Boudreau.
|Teens need more sleep than they are typically getting and the consequences of being sleep deprived include depression and suicidal thoughts. Our guest talk about the problem and solutions.
Follow on Twitter: @bamradionetwork.com
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 836 0
January 4, 2015 Teaching Teens
Dr. James Gangwisch is an Assistant Professor at the Columbia University Medical Center and a Research Scientist at the New York State Psychiatric Institute. His research focuses on the relationship between sleep duration and psychiatric and metabolic disorders. Justin Boudreau is an educator who challenges youth to think vs. telling them what to think. This former high school teacher, coach of the year, world traveler and author, exudes a realness that students don’t question. On stage, his heart (not his ego).
More from Dr. Regina Lamourelle
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media