Teach or Talk, Fight or Flight, This and That
OskarCymerman withSean Thom
Many teachers just want to teach. Advocacy, politics and social justice; are these now part of the teacher job description?
Share 1.3K 0
October 13, 2017 Keeping Ed Real
Sean Thom is currently an 8th grade science teacher and science department head at Camden’s Promise Middle School, a part of Camden’s Charter School Network. He blogs for BAM and is a Progressive Democratic candidate for US Congress for New Jersey. Oskar Cymerman is a Chemistry and Principles of Engineering Teacher at Woodbury High School in the Twin Cities Metro Area, MN. He frequently blogs about brain-based approaches to learning and classroom design, in addition to starting the Starbucks My Classroom Project and #StarbucksMyRoom.
More from Oskar Cymerman
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media