Teach or Talk, Fight or Flight, This and That
OskarCymerman withSean Thom
Many teachers just want to teach. Advocacy, politics and social justice; are these now part of the teacher job description?
Share 1.3K 0
October 13, 2017 Keeping Ed Real
Sean Thom is currently an 8th grade science teacher and science department head at Camden’s Promise Middle School, a part of Camden’s Charter School Network. He blogs for BAM and is a Progressive Democratic candidate for US Congress for New Jersey. Oskar Cymerman is a Chemistry and Principles of Engineering Teacher at Woodbury High School in the Twin Cities Metro Area, MN. He frequently blogs about brain-based approaches to learning and classroom design, in addition to starting the Starbucks My Classroom Project and #StarbucksMyRoom.
More from Oskar Cymerman
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media