Teacher Talk That Improves Student Learning and Behavior
Rachael George and Mike Anderson
|In this segment, we look at the often overlooked ways teachers impact students’ learning, behaviors and mindset through what we say and how we say it.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 950 0
Mike Anderson is a former award-winning teacher, an education consultant, and author of ASCD book, "What We Say and How We Say It Matter: Teacher Talk That Improves Student Learning and Behavior" (ASCD, 2019) and "Learning to Choose, Choosing to Learn: The Key to Student Motivation and Achievement." Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- Risky Play for Young Children? Apparently There’s More Risk Without It!By Debra PierceJune 13, 2019
- Should Teachers Wear Jeans?By Rita WirtzJune 8, 2019
- Where Is Differentiation? Schools Are Still Forcing Square Pegs Into Round HolesBy Laurie LevyJune 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media