Teaching Empathy to Students in the Selfie Generation
Rae Pica with Luba Falk Feigenberg, Jill Berkowicz & Ben Gilpin
Our world has become increasingly unkind and many of us are struggling to teach empathy to our students. Our guests offer some sage advice.
Share 3.7K 0
December 9, 2016 Student-Centric Strategies
Luba Falk Feigenberg is a developmental psychologist who studies social, emotional, and ethical development with a particular focus on how schools can best support children’s healthy development. She is the Research Director for the Making Caring Common project at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Jill Berkowicz Ed.D. co-authored The STEM Shift with Ann Myers, Ed.D. and together they write a blog Leadership360 for Education Week. Ben Gilpin is the principal at Warner Elementary School in Spring Arbor.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media