Teaching Reading: When Is Too Early, When Is Too Late?
Rae Pica with Janet Doman, Carla Hannaford, Ph.D, Lisa Guernsey
Is early reading very important or highly overrated and generally misunderstood? Dr. Carla Hannaford points out that in our culture we believe that reading equals intelligence. This is false, she asserts, as our guests discuss the literature that supports and refutes the notion that the earlier children read the better.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Only One Who Likes Change is a Wet Baby! (Baby, Look At Us Now!)By Rita WirtzMay 23, 2020
- Embracing the FutureBy Tim RamseyMay 16, 2020
- 10 Areas That Districts Need to Focus on Post-COVID19By Jay EitnerMay 11, 2020
- Children’s Book Week 2020, at Home. Every Child a Reader!By Rita WirtzMay 8, 2020
- “All Together Now”, Thank A Teacher!By Rita WirtzMay 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media