Teaching Reading: When Is Too Early, When Is Too Late?
Rae Pica with Janet Doman, Carla Hannaford, Ph.D, Lisa Guernsey
Is early reading very important or highly overrated and generally misunderstood? Dr. Carla Hannaford points out that in our culture we believe that reading equals intelligence. This is false, she asserts, as our guests discuss the literature that supports and refutes the notion that the earlier children read the better.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media