Teaching Students the Fabulous Five Essential Skills
Rachael George with Tom Hoerr, Ph.D.
|Our guest wrote the book on the fundamental formative skills we need to cultivate in every student.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 23.5K 0
December 8, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Tom Hoerr, PhD is head of New City School in St. Louis. His latest book is The Formative Five: Fostering Grit, Empathy, and Other Success Skills Every Student Needs (ASCD). He also writes a monthly column for “The Principal Connection,” an educational leadership magazine. He has led schools for 36 years, and has written on leadership, faculty collegiality, and multiple intelligences. He initiated and taught in the Non-Profit Management Program at Washington University in St. Louis. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media