Teaching Students the Fabulous Five Essential Skills
Rachael George with Tom Hoerr, Ph.D.
|Our guest wrote the book on the fundamental formative skills we need to cultivate in every student.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 23.5K 0
December 8, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Tom Hoerr, PhD is head of New City School in St. Louis. His latest book is The Formative Five: Fostering Grit, Empathy, and Other Success Skills Every Student Needs (ASCD). He also writes a monthly column for “The Principal Connection,” an educational leadership magazine. He has led schools for 36 years, and has written on leadership, faculty collegiality, and multiple intelligences. He initiated and taught in the Non-Profit Management Program at Washington University in St. Louis. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
- It’s Mesmerizing! Hypnosis and Self-Care Go-Togethers!By Rita WirtzFebruary 24, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media