Teaching Students to Drive Their Brains
Rachael George and Dr. Donna Wilson
Our guest walks us through the cognitive strategies students need to manage their learning and offers insights onteaching studentshow,when, and where to use these skills.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.4K 1
August 27, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Dr. Donna Wilson is a leader of the academic team at BrainSMART and the Center for Innovative Education and Prevention, is an educational and school psychologist and former teacher. Co-author of Teaching Students to Drive Their Brains: Metacognitive Strategies, Activities, and Lesson Ideas. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media