Teaching Students to Drive Their Brains
Rachael George and Dr. Donna Wilson
Our guest walks us through the cognitive strategies students need to manage their learning and offers insights onteaching studentshow,when, and where to use these skills.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.4K 0
August 27, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Dr. Donna Wilson is a leader of the academic team at BrainSMART and the Center for Innovative Education and Prevention, is an educational and school psychologist and former teacher. Co-author of Teaching Students to Drive Their Brains: Metacognitive Strategies, Activities, and Lesson Ideas. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media