Teaching Students to Drive Their Brains
Rachael George and Dr. Donna Wilson
Our guest walks us through the cognitive strategies students need to manage their learning and offers insights onteaching studentshow,when, and where to use these skills.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.4K 1
August 27, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Dr. Donna Wilson is a leader of the academic team at BrainSMART and the Center for Innovative Education and Prevention, is an educational and school psychologist and former teacher. Co-author of Teaching Students to Drive Their Brains: Metacognitive Strategies, Activities, and Lesson Ideas. Rachael George is the principal of Sandy Grade School in the Oregon Trail School District and an ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media