Teaching What Matters Most: Discussing the Elephant in the Classroom
Larry Ferlazzo with Lorena German, Stephen Lazar and Adeyemi Stembridge, Ph.D.
|Our guests say that if we fail to talk about sensitive real-world topics in the classroom, our students may see education as pretend and see us as frauds. Tough language, do you agree or disagree?.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 517 0
October 27, 2016 Classroom Q & A
Lorena German was born in the Dominican Republic and raised in Lawrence, MA. She’s a 12-year educator, a writer, teacher coach, and twice nationally recognized for her leadership and equity-focused pedagogy. Stephen Lazar teaches high school students social studies and English at Harvest Collegiate High School, a public school (NY). Adeyemi Stembridge, PhD is an educational consultant specializing in equity-focused school-improvement. He is a coach and thought-partner to teachers and administrators.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media