Team Up, Speak Up, Fire Up: How Students Benefit When We Combine Expertise
Abbie Eklund with Andrea Honigsfeld
Join us as we explore the benefits of combining expertise when working with English language learners and discuss four principles for building our skills in this area.
Share 206 0
November 26, 2019 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Andrea Honigsfeld, EdD, is Associate Dean and Professor in the Division of Education at Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York. She directs a doctoral program in Educational Leadership for Diverse Learning Communities. Before entering the field of teacher education, she was an English-as-a-foreign-language teacher in Hungary (Grades 5–8 and adult) and an English-as-a-second-language teacher in New York City (Grades K–3 and adult). Abbie Eklund is a National Board Certified Teacher, achieving certification in 2010 as a middle childhood generalist and ASCD emerging leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media