The Critical Need for Fantasy Play
Rae Pica with Vivan Gussin-Paley
Vivian Gussin-Paley explains why we’ve lost touch with how critical fantasy play is to the process of early childhood development and provides insight on how we can find our way back.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.6K 0
April 25, 2009 Movement & Play
Vivian Gussin Paley is the author of A Child’s Work: The Importance of Fantasy Play. A kindergarten teacher for 37 years, Mrs. Paley brings her storytelling/story acting and discussion techniques to children, teachers, and parents throughout the world. In 2004 was she was named Outstanding Educator in the Language Arts by the National Council of Teachers in English.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media