The Need to Teach financial Literacy
Beyond the Core
Vicki Davis with Brian Page
As we focus on standardized testing and common core, are we failing to teach students other subjects that will be critical to their lives like financial literacy?
Share 1.0K 0
November 4, 2013 EdTech Radio
Brian Page is currently a personal Finance and economics teacher with Reading Community City Schools in Ohio, where he was the 2011 Ohio Department of Education Milken National Educator Recipient. Brian is currently the chair-elect of the Economic Education Advisory Council and was a member of the working group for the U.S. President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media