The Need to Teach financial Literacy
Beyond the Core
Vicki Davis with Brian Page
As we focus on standardized testing and common core, are we failing to teach students other subjects that will be critical to their lives like financial literacy?
Share 1.0K 0
November 4, 2013 EdTech Radio
Brian Page is currently a personal Finance and economics teacher with Reading Community City Schools in Ohio, where he was the 2011 Ohio Department of Education Milken National Educator Recipient. Brian is currently the chair-elect of the Economic Education Advisory Council and was a member of the working group for the U.S. President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media