Three Ways to Help Young Children Expand Their Vocabulary
Rae Pica with Susan B. Neuman, Tanya Christ, Amanda Morgan
How do young children learn new words and add them to their active vocabulary?
#edchat #edreform #ece #earlyed #AskingWhatIf
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 6.7K 0
June 9, 2017 Student-Centric Strategies
Dr. Tanya Christ is an Associate Professor of Reading and Language Arts at Oakland University, and former NYC public school teacher and co-author of Bridging the Vocabulary Gap. Susan B. Neuman is professor of Childhood Education and Literacy Development at the Steinhardt School, New York University. Her work focuses on enhancing access to books and vocabulary development. Amanda Morgan, MS, has nearly 20 years of experience teaching children, parents, and teachers in a variety of environments. Her blog is Not Just Cute.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
- Cultivating Aggression: Something We Should Never See on an Infant’s Daily ReportBy Debra PierceJuly 26, 2019
- 3 Tips For Making Your Next Conference Your Best YetBy Jon HarperJuly 22, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media