Time to Get Rid of Grades? What Exactly Stands in the Way?
Rae Pica withMark Barnes, Starr Sackstein, Nancy Flanagan
Our guests are behind an initiative to scrap grades. Can we achieve academic goals without grades? What are the obstacles?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.7K 0
November 18, 2014 Comprehensive Assessment
Mark Barnes is a teacher and author of five education books, including Assessment 3.0: Throw Out Your Grade Book and Inspire Learning (due in February). Starr Sackstein, MJE, JEA New York State Director / High school educator, author, reformer, recovering perfectionist. Nancy Flanagan is a retired teacher, with 31 years as a K-12 Music specialist in the Hartland, Michigan schools. She is co-founder of the Network of Michigan Educators and her blog, Teacher in a Strange Land.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media