Time to Get Rid of Grades? What Exactly Stands in the Way?
Rae Pica withMark Barnes, Starr Sackstein, Nancy Flanagan
Our guests are behind an initiative to scrap grades. Can we achieve academic goals without grades? What are the obstacles?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
November 18, 2014 Educators Channel
Mark Barnes is a teacher and author of five education books, including Assessment 3.0: Throw Out Your Grade Book and Inspire Learning (due in February). Starr Sackstein, MJE, JEA New York State Director / High school educator, author, reformer, recovering perfectionist. Nancy Flanagan is a retired teacher, with 31 years as a K-12 Music specialist in the Hartland, Michigan schools. She is co-founder of the Network of Michigan Educators and her blog, Teacher in a Strange Land.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media