Tips for Teaching Controversial Topics
Rae Pica with Diana Hess, Bill Bigelow, Dan Brown
Evolution, global warming, same-sex marriage, civil rights. All of these topics can be tough to teach. In this segment our guests provide some guidelines.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
April 25, 2014 Educators Channel
Diana Hess is senior vice-president of the Spencer Foundation and author of Controversy in the Classroom: The Democratic Power of Discussion. Bill Bigelow is co-author of Rethinking Columbus and A People’s History for the Classroom. Dan Brown is a teacher and director of the Future Educators Association.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in SchoolsBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 9, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media