Tips for Teaching Controversial Topics
Rae Pica with Diana Hess, Bill Bigelow, Dan Brown
Evolution, global warming, same-sex marriage, civil rights. All of these topics can be tough to teach. In this segment our guests provide some guidelines.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
April 25, 2014 Educators Channel
Diana Hess is senior vice-president of the Spencer Foundation and author of Controversy in the Classroom: The Democratic Power of Discussion. Bill Bigelow is co-author of Rethinking Columbus and A People’s History for the Classroom. Dan Brown is a teacher and director of the Future Educators Association.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media