Tips for Teaching Controversial Topics
Rae Pica with Diana Hess, Bill Bigelow, Dan Brown
Evolution, global warming, same-sex marriage, civil rights. All of these topics can be tough to teach. In this segment our guests provide some guidelines.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
April 25, 2014 Educators Channel
Diana Hess is senior vice-president of the Spencer Foundation and author of Controversy in the Classroom: The Democratic Power of Discussion. Bill Bigelow is co-author of Rethinking Columbus and A People’s History for the Classroom. Dan Brown is a teacher and director of the Future Educators Association.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media