Tips for Working with Traumatized Kids in Your Classroom
Dr. Regina Lamourelle with Maura McInerney, Esq, and Heather Wolpert-Gawron
|Traumatized kids show up in your classroom in many ways. Their behaviors may go unnoticed or may be misunderstood when observed. Most teachers have not been trained to detect or respond to traumatized students. Our guests offer tips for teachers.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.6K 0
Maura McInerney, Esq. is a Senior Attorney at the Education Law Center – PA. (“ELC”), a non-profit, legal advocacy organization dedicated to ensuring that all children in Pennsylvania have access to a quality public education. She is also the author of Unlocking the Door to Learning: Trauma-Informed Classrooms & Transformational Schools. Heather Wolpert-Gawron is an award-winning middle-school teacher in Los Angeles. She has authored workbooks on teaching internet literacy.
More from Dr. Regina Lamourelle
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media