Understanding by Design: What’s the Big Idea?
Gary Abud, Steve Perkins withJoseph “Joey” Lee
In this episode, we define, explain and discuss the big idea behind the framework for teaching called Understanding by Design.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.9K 0
June 5, 2015 Teachers of The Year Radio
Joseph Joey Lee is a Cultural Geography teacher at Pinkerton Academy in Derry, NH where he has developed a student centered, inquiry based, UBD curriculum for numerous SS courses. In addition to teaching, Mr. Lee is the head coach of both the hockey and golf programs and has directed the China exchange program.
More from Steve Perkins
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media