Understanding the Challenges of First Gen Students
Rosa Isiah with Alex Serna
|We all know that understanding our students is vital to helping them succeed. In this episode, we discuss what we need to understand about students who are first in their families to go to college.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.1K 0
February 16, 2018 #WeLeadEd
Alex Serna is a Program Director for Breakthrough San Juan Capistrano, a nonprofit with the mission to support highly motivated, but underserved students become the first in their families to graduate college. He earned his B.A in American Studies from UC Berkeley, later enrolling at UCLA where he received his master’s degree in urban education. Rosa Isiah serves students as principal of Lucille Smith Elementary School Principal in California. Her experiences include 22 years in education. Founder of #WeLeadEd.
More from Rosa Isiah
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media