Understanding the Challenges of First Gen Students
Rosa Isiah with Alex Serna
|We all know that understanding our students is vital to helping them succeed. In this episode, we discuss what we need to understand about students who are first in their families to go to college.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.1K 0
February 16, 2018 #WeLeadEd
Alex Serna is a Program Director for Breakthrough San Juan Capistrano, a nonprofit with the mission to support highly motivated, but underserved students become the first in their families to graduate college. He earned his B.A in American Studies from UC Berkeley, later enrolling at UCLA where he received his master’s degree in urban education. Rosa Isiah serves students as principal of Lucille Smith Elementary School Principal in California. Her experiences include 22 years in education. Founder of #WeLeadEd.
More from Rosa Isiah
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media