Understanding the Seasons for Literacy in Grades 3-5
Abbie Eklund and Valerie Ellery
|Join us for a discussion on what it means to nurture students who are literacy strong. Our guest provides a strategy for engaging students and layering deeper learning across the seasons for literacy.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 576 0
December 1, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Valerie Ellery has dedicated 30 years to the field of education in various roles as a National Board Certified Teacher, curriculum specialist, mentor, reading coach, international educational consultant, and author. Her latest book, "Literacy Strong All Year Long: Powerful Lessons for Grades 3–5," is a joint publication of ASCD and International Literacy Association. Abbie Eklund, principal of Lincoln Elementary School, 2016 ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media