Understanding the Seasons for Literacy in Grades 3-5
Abbie Eklund and Valerie Ellery
|Join us for a discussion on what it means to nurture students who are literacy strong. Our guest provides a strategy for engaging students and layering deeper learning across the seasons for literacy.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 578 0
December 1, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Valerie Ellery has dedicated 30 years to the field of education in various roles as a National Board Certified Teacher, curriculum specialist, mentor, reading coach, international educational consultant, and author. Her latest book, "Literacy Strong All Year Long: Powerful Lessons for Grades 3–5," is a joint publication of ASCD and International Literacy Association. Abbie Eklund, principal of Lincoln Elementary School, 2016 ASCD Emerging Leader.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media