Using the Visual and Performing Arts to Engage Students
Vicki Davis withJon Schwartz
Our guest has made music the medium for teaching–everything from phonics to figurative language. His program has been widely received and recognized by the department of education.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.3K 0
July 28, 2014 Every Classroom Matters
Jon Schwartz is an award-winning public schoolteacher whose work using music, the arts, and technology to boost student achievement has been recognized by the US Department of Education and California State Senate. Schwartz recently formed a nonprofit to develop the Rockademix (https://rockademix.org) curriculum that will enable teachers — even those without training in the arts — to use the visual and performing arts, tech and music to teach kids academics.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media