Using the Visual and Performing Arts to Engage Students
Vicki Davis withJon Schwartz
Our guest has made music the medium for teaching–everything from phonics to figurative language. His program has been widely received and recognized by the department of education.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.3K 0
July 28, 2014 Every Classroom Matters
Jon Schwartz is an award-winning public schoolteacher whose work using music, the arts, and technology to boost student achievement has been recognized by the US Department of Education and California State Senate. Schwartz recently formed a nonprofit to develop the Rockademix (https://rockademix.org) curriculum that will enable teachers — even those without training in the arts — to use the visual and performing arts, tech and music to teach kids academics.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media