Waiting for Superman: Fact or Fiction?
Diane Ravitch, Jay Mathews, Debra Viadero , Valerie Strauss, Justin Snider
|Education insiders say Waiting for Superman, a heart-rending documentary/movie about the struggles five children face in pursuit of a good public school education, is grossly distorted, even dangerous. The movie has received high ratings from the public but those inside education see a different picture. In this segment former U.S Assistant Secretary of Education, Diane Ravitch and four education reporters aim to separate fact from fiction.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.9K 0
May 8, 2009
Diane Ravitch is a former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education and author of The Death and Life of the Great American School System; Valerie Strauss is an education writer at The Washington Post; Debbie Viadero is an associate editor at Education Week; Jay Mathews has been an education columnist at The Washington Post for 39 years and appeared in the movie Waiting for Superman; and Justin Snider is a contributing editor at The Hechinger Report and teaches undergraduate writing at Columbia University.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Taking Another Look at Reading Fluency. Valentine’s Gift!By Rita WirtzJanuary 27, 2020
- They Don’t Know Much About HistoryBy Tim RamseyJanuary 27, 2020
- ‘I Wish You Well’ – 4 Sucky Words in the Education SpaceBy Jay EitnerJanuary 27, 2020
- BasketballBy Tim RamseyJanuary 24, 2020
- Turn the PageBy Tim RamseyJanuary 21, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media