War, Gun, and Superhero Play. Good or Bad?
Rae Pica with Gerard Jones, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, Lisa Guernsey,
There is a school of thought that argues that children need superheroes and make-believe violence to process the realities of the world around them. On the other side of this argument is the school that advocates for banning war play and a zero-tolerance policy toward violent play. Is fantasy violence a good thing or a bad thing? Does this kind of play blur the distinction between fantasy and reality? Is there a link between war play and the increasing violence we are seeing among children?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- UrgentBy Tim RamseyApril 6, 2020
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media