War, Gun, and Superhero Play. Good or Bad?
Rae Pica with Gerard Jones, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, Lisa Guernsey,
There is a school of thought that argues that children need superheroes and make-believe violence to process the realities of the world around them. On the other side of this argument is the school that advocates for banning war play and a zero-tolerance policy toward violent play. Is fantasy violence a good thing or a bad thing? Does this kind of play blur the distinction between fantasy and reality? Is there a link between war play and the increasing violence we are seeing among children?
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media