What Are Community Schools, How Do They Support Kids?
Larry Ferlazzo with Dr. JoAnne Ferrara, Mark Gaither
Learn how community schools provide the support services many students need to succeed academically.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.0K 0
February 17, 2017 Classroom Q and A
Dr. JoAnne Ferrara is the associate dean for undergraduate education & professor at Manhattanville College (Westchester, NY). She is the author of several books including co-author of Whole Child, Whole School: Applying Theory to Practice in a Community School. Mark Gaither, an educator for 27 years, has a Master’s degree from Bank Street College of Education and has taught pre-school through sixth grade in nine different school communities. He served as principal for 12 years at Wolfe Street Academy.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- That Kid at the Back! Scholar In Waiting, Now Scholar!By Rita WirtzJuly 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media