What Are Community Schools, How Do They Support Kids?
Larry Ferlazzo with Dr. JoAnne Ferrara, Mark Gaither
Learn how community schools provide the support services many students need to succeed academically.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.0K 0
February 17, 2017 Classroom Q & A
Dr. JoAnne Ferrara is the associate dean for undergraduate education & professor at Manhattanville College (Westchester, NY). She is the author of several books including co-author of Whole Child, Whole School: Applying Theory to Practice in a Community School. Mark Gaither, an educator for 27 years, has a Master’s degree from Bank Street College of Education and has taught pre-school through sixth grade in nine different school communities. He served as principal for 12 years at Wolfe Street Academy.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media