What Are Community Schools, How Do They Support Kids?
Larry Ferlazzo with Dr. JoAnne Ferrara, Mark Gaither
Learn how community schools provide the support services many students need to succeed academically.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 5.0K 0
February 17, 2017 Classroom Q & A
Dr. JoAnne Ferrara is the associate dean for undergraduate education & professor at Manhattanville College (Westchester, NY). She is the author of several books including co-author of Whole Child, Whole School: Applying Theory to Practice in a Community School. Mark Gaither, an educator for 27 years, has a Master’s degree from Bank Street College of Education and has taught pre-school through sixth grade in nine different school communities. He served as principal for 12 years at Wolfe Street Academy.
More from Ferlazzo - EdWeek
Latest EDwords Articles
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
- Bargaining For Common Good: Chicago Teachers’ StrikeBy Rita WirtzOctober 28, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media