Why Outdoor Activities Are Important to Learning
Rae Pica with Angela Hanscom and Debra Pierce
|If you’ve ever wondered whether outdoor play matters, this episode will confirm why taking kids outside is critical to learning.
#edchat #edreform #ece #earlyed #AskingWhatIf
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 2.3K 0
September 23, 2016 Student-Centric Strategies
Angela Hanscom is a pediatric occupational therapist and the founder of TimberNook, an internationally recognized program and author of Balanced & Barefoot: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children. Debra Pierce is a professor of Early Childhood Education at Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana abd author of The CDA Prep Guide, and a site that provides help and support for care providers earning the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential on the site.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- Put Down the Guns, Pick Up a BookBy Linda MitchellSeptember 23, 2019
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media