Why Outdoor Activities Are Important to Learning
Rae Pica with Angela Hanscom and Debra Pierce
|If you’ve ever wondered whether outdoor play matters, this episode will confirm why taking kids outside is critical to learning.
#edchat #edreform #ece #earlyed #AskingWhatIf
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes||Takeaways|
Share 2.3K 0
September 23, 2016 Student-Centric Strategies
Angela Hanscom is a pediatric occupational therapist and the founder of TimberNook, an internationally recognized program and author of Balanced & Barefoot: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children. Debra Pierce is a professor of Early Childhood Education at Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana abd author of The CDA Prep Guide, and a site that provides help and support for care providers earning the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential on the site.
More from Rae Pica
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media