What’s Really Behind the Literacy Gap?
John Micklos, Jr. with Timothy Shanahan
The gap in reading skills between various ethnic, racial and economic groups persists. In fact, large numbers of American children have serious literacy problems. In this segment we take an up close look at the latest data on the causes of the literacy gap and current thinking on how to close it.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- 3 Things to Remember When Helping Students Living With Trauma & Toxic StressBy J. HarperFebruary 23, 2020
- “I’m tired.”By William MaddenFebruary 18, 2020
- Cookie ConferencesBy Tim RamseyFebruary 18, 2020
- That Kid at the Back, First a Scholar, Now Rocket Scientist!By Rita WirtzFebruary 8, 2020
- Power to the Early Childhood Profession Sometimes Requires Difficult ChoicesBy Debra PierceJanuary 29, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media