What’s Really Behind the Literacy Gap?
John Micklos, Jr. with Timothy Shanahan
The gap in reading skills between various ethnic, racial and economic groups persists. In fact, large numbers of American children have serious literacy problems. In this segment we take an up close look at the latest data on the causes of the literacy gap and current thinking on how to close it.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media