When Learning Is Disrupted: Getting Students Back on Track
Dafina Westbrooks with Pete Hall and Kristin Souers
Join us as we discuss the factors that prevent students from being ready to learn, and strategies for getting kids back to a learning-ready state.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 19.5K 0
April 21, 2016 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Pete Hall is a veteran school administrator, speaker, and professional development agent. Kristin Souers is a licensed mental health counselor and assistant director at Washington State University’s Child and Family Research Unit in the CLEAR Trauma Center. They are co-authors of the new ASCD book, Fostering Resilient Learners: Strategies for Creating a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom. ASCD Emerging Leader Dafina Westbrooks is the host.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media