When Teachers Quit: What Happens to Kids, Schools, Education Equity
Gary Abud, Steve Perkins withJonathon Crossley
In this premier episode, we look at why teachers leave the field, the impact on high poverty schools and a key factor that could get more teachers to stay.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.4K 0
May 9, 2015 Teachers of The Year Radio
Jonathon Crossley is the 2014 Arkansas Teacher of the Year noted for transformational improvements in student outcome averages: 17-24 on ACT, 36%-92% on state assessments, 8th grade -11.5 grade reading level improvements. He is a proud first generation college graduate who is passionate about educational equity.
More from Steve Perkins
Latest EDwords Articles
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media