Where Are All of The Men?
Rae Pica & Mark Ginsberg with Bryan Nelson
|Bryan Nelson says there are several reasons why there are so few men in early childhood education. Bryan explains why the lack of males is a significant problem and details a number things we can do to attract and keep more men to the field.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Visit the NAEYC Web Site
Share 745 0
April 29, 2009 Special Report
Since 1979, Bryan G. Nelson has served as founding director of MenTeach, a non-profit agency with a mission to increase the number of men teaching in the field of education to help improve boys’ and girls’ academic and social success. He serves as faculty at Metropolitan State University in Minnesota teaching early childhood development and consulting with teacher recruitment programs. He is author of articles, books and chapters about men, fathers and children.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Tim RamseyDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Tim RamseyNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Raquel RiosNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media