Who Is Teaching Your Teen Grit, Curiousity and Optimism?
Dr. Regina Rei Lamourelle with Paul Tough, Sam Chaltain, Kathryn Stamoulis, Ph.D.
|Our guests say that our emphasis on I.Q., testing and scores undermines the development of critical qualities your teen needs to succeed in life. What are these skills, where and how are they learned? Tune in and find out if your teen is on the right track.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 1.2K 0
December 13, 2012 Teaching Teens
Paul Tough is author of HOW CHILDREN SUCCEED: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character and is a contributing writer to the New York Times Magazine. Sam Chaltain is a DC-based writer and education activist and a senior fellow at the Institute for Democratic Education in America (IDEA). Kathryn Stamoulis, PhD., is an educational psychologist who specializes in adolescent development.
More from Dr. Regina Lamourelle
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media