Why Behavior Charts Are at Odds with Known Best Practices
Anthony Rebora and Lee Ann Jung, Ph.D.
|The use of behavior chartscan be effective for short-term compliance. However, there is substantial evidence that shaming students iscounterproductive in the big scheme of educating our students.|
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 2.5K 0
September 23, 2018 ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio
Lee Ann Jung, PhD, is Founder of Lead Inclusion (www.leadinclusion.org), a Clinical Professor at San Diego State University, and a consultant to schools worldwide. Follow Lee Ann @leeannjung. Lee Ann Jung (and Dominique Smith) are authors of the article "Tear Down Your Behavior Chart!" Host Anthony Rebora is the Editor in Chief of Education Leadership.
More from ASCD Hosts
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media