Why Computer Science Is Not Just for Geeks
Vicki Davis with Alfred Thompson
Learning to write computer code is a skill that our guest believes is not just for geeks and will be increasingly important to students and teachers in the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 824 0
May 20, 2013 K12 Greatest Hits
Alfred Thompson currently teaches computer science at Bishop Guertin High School in New Hampshire. He has also been a software developer and worked at academic relations at Microsoft. He is the author of several computer science textbooks, project books, and a blog about computer science education. He was recently elected to the board of the Computer Science Teachers Association.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Does Community Engagement Look Like?By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.January 16, 2020
- On Celebrating a Milestone Birthday!By Rita WirtzJanuary 13, 2020
- AllergiesBy Tim RamseyJanuary 6, 2020
- Happy New Year and Decade, 2020 Love!By Rita WirtzJanuary 3, 2020
- The One Big Lesson We (Hopefully) All Learned in 2019By Errol St.Clair SmithDecember 20, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media