Why Computer Science Is Not Just for Geeks
Vicki Davis with Alfred Thompson
Learning to write computer code is a skill that our guest believes is not just for geeks and will be increasingly important to students and teachers in the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 824 0
May 20, 2013 K12 Greatest Hits
Alfred Thompson currently teaches computer science at Bishop Guertin High School in New Hampshire. He has also been a software developer and worked at academic relations at Microsoft. He is the author of several computer science textbooks, project books, and a blog about computer science education. He was recently elected to the board of the Computer Science Teachers Association.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List? (Just remember these 5 things)By Jon HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By Jon HarperAugust 10, 2019
- Risky Play for Young Children? Apparently There’s More Risk Without It!By Debra PierceJune 13, 2019
- Should Teachers Wear Jeans?By Rita WirtzJune 8, 2019
- Where Is Differentiation? Schools Are Still Forcing Square Pegs Into Round HolesBy Laurie LevyJune 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media