Why Computer Science Is Not Just for Geeks
Vicki Davis with Alfred Thompson
Learning to write computer code is a skill that our guest believes is not just for geeks and will be increasingly important to students and teachers in the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 982 0
May 20, 2013 EdTech Radio
Alfred Thompson currently teaches computer science at Bishop Guertin High School in New Hampshire. He has also been a software developer and worked at academic relations at Microsoft. He is the author of several computer science textbooks, project books, and a blog about computer science education. He was recently elected to the board of the Computer Science Teachers Association.
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
- Give Toddlers Developmentally Appropriate ProgramsBy Gail MultopNovember 4, 2019
- ValidatedBy Tim RamseyOctober 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media