Why Computer Science Is Not Just for Geeks
Vicki Davis with Alfred Thompson
Learning to write computer code is a skill that our guest believes is not just for geeks and will be increasingly important to students and teachers in the future.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 9.3K 0
May 20, 2013 Every Classroom Matters
Alfred Thompson currently teaches computer science at Bishop Guertin High School in New Hampshire. He has also been a software developer and worked at academic relations at Microsoft. He is the author of several computer science textbooks, project books, and a blog about computer science education. He was recently elected to the board of the Computer Science Teachers Association.
More from Vicki Davis
Latest EDwords Articles
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
- Why Should I Care? Engagement through AuthenticityBy John McCarthySeptember 1, 2019
- Easy Peasy Comprehension Builders and Boosters!By Rita WirtzAugust 31, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media