Why Do Girls Sing and Boys Play Rock Guitar?
Maryann Harman with Kathy Stevens
Girls play violins and flutes, boys play drums and guitars. Are they hard wired to have these inclinations or are they responding to our socialization process. This segment explores how gender impacts music instruction and challenges many widely held beliefs about how boys and girls learn and relate to and through music.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More: Visit Maryann Harman’s web site
More from Maryann Harman
Latest EDwords Articles
- Only One Who Likes Change is a Wet Baby! (Baby, Look At Us Now!)By Rita WirtzMay 23, 2020
- Embracing the FutureBy Tim RamseyMay 16, 2020
- 10 Areas That Districts Need to Focus on Post-COVID19By Jay EitnerMay 11, 2020
- Children’s Book Week 2020, at Home. Every Child a Reader!By Rita WirtzMay 8, 2020
- “All Together Now”, Thank A Teacher!By Rita WirtzMay 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media