Why Do Girls Sing and Boys Play Rock Guitar?
Maryann Harman with Kathy Stevens
Girls play violins and flutes, boys play drums and guitars. Are they hard wired to have these inclinations or are they responding to our socialization process. This segment explores how gender impacts music instruction and challenges many widely held beliefs about how boys and girls learn and relate to and through music.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More: Visit Maryann Harman’s web site
More from Maryann Harman
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media