Why Recess Matters, How to Defend it
Gail Connelly with Rae Pica
Pressures to get students performing well academically have driven recess off the schedule at many schools. Our guest explains why this is counter productive and shows principals how to find the research that explains why recess is so critical to students.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 738 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Channel
Rae Pica is an internationally recognized speaker known for her lively and informative workshops and keynote speeches. A children’s physical activity specialist since 1980, Rae is an author of numerous books and the Director of Moving and Learning (www.movingandlearning.com).
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raise Your Hand If You Want to be a Teacher! What… Nobody?By Debra PierceNovember 19, 2019
- The WallBy Tim RamseyNovember 18, 2019
- Celebrate Art and Craft of Teaching, Thoughts to Inspire You!By Rita WirtzNovember 12, 2019
- A Teachable Moment: Why 49% of Vets Wish You Would Stop Saying, “Thank You For Your Service”By Errol St.Clair SmithNovember 11, 2019
- This Is a School That Trust BuiltBy Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.November 6, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media