Why Recess Matters, How to Defend It
Gail Connelly with Rae Pica
Pressures to get students performing well academically have driven recess off the schedule at many schools. Our guest explains why this is counterproductive and shows principals how to find the research that explains why recess is so critical to students.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.8K 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Radio
Rae Pica is an internationally recognized speaker known for her lively and informative workshops and keynote speeches. A children’s physical activity specialist since 1980, Rae is an author of numerous books and the Director of Moving and Learning (www.movingandlearning.com).
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media