Why Recess Matters, How to Defend It
Gail Connelly with Rae Pica
Pressures to get students performing well academically have driven recess off the schedule at many schools. Our guest explains why this is counterproductive and shows principals how to find the research that explains why recess is so critical to students.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.7K 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Radio
Rae Pica is an internationally recognized speaker known for her lively and informative workshops and keynote speeches. A children’s physical activity specialist since 1980, Rae is an author of numerous books and the Director of Moving and Learning (www.movingandlearning.com).
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media