Why Recess Matters, How to Defend It
Gail Connelly with Rae Pica
Pressures to get students performing well academically have driven recess off the schedule at many schools. Our guest explains why this is counterproductive and shows principals how to find the research that explains why recess is so critical to students.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
Share 4.7K 0
May 8, 2009 School Principals Radio
Rae Pica is an internationally recognized speaker known for her lively and informative workshops and keynote speeches. A children’s physical activity specialist since 1980, Rae is an author of numerous books and the Director of Moving and Learning (www.movingandlearning.com).
More from Gail Connelly
Latest EDwords Articles
- Reading Success Secrets That Make a Difference!By Rita WirtzAugust 20, 2019
- Worried About That Student on Your Class List?: Just Remember These 5 ThingsBy J. HarperAugust 13, 2019
- Back to School Season Have You Feeling a Bit Nervous? (Here’s Why You’re Going to Be Okay)By J. HarperAugust 10, 2019
- New Superintendent? Welcome to the Shark TankBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
- The #1 Rule as a Superintendent: SAFETYBy Jay EitnerAugust 4, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media