Will National K-3 Standards Harm or Help Young Children?
Rae Pica with Randi Weingarten, Edward Miller, Lisa Guernsey
Are proposed national, common core standards developmentally appropriate at the kindergarten level? Class, wealth, social status, and implementation may all be factors. In this two-part series Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, defends the program to critics who argue that national standards are neither needed nor helpful.
|Play Episode||Subscribe on iTunes|
More from BAM! Radio Network
Latest EDwords Articles
- RechargedBy Tim RamseyOctober 21, 2019
- The Importance of Building Capacity in Schools: Follow Up (One Week Later)By Misty M. Kirby, Ph.D.October 16, 2019
- LeavesBy Tim RamseyOctober 15, 2019
- Slowing Down: The Soft Skill That Gets Left BehindBy J. HarperOctober 15, 2019
- Laughing About Mental Illness? The Joke Is on YouBy Jay EitnerOctober 10, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media