How Courageous Conversations Drive Student Success
Errol St.Clair Smith with Eric Eisner
|In this episode, we speak with the founder of YES. YESis an unconventional program that has delivered exceptional academic success to students in some of the toughest neighborhoods in the nation.
Follow on Twitter: @YESscholars @bamradionetwork
Share 2.4K 0
February 4, 2016 UNward!
Eric Eisner graduated from Columbia College in 1970 and Columbia Law School in 1973 and practiced entertainment law in Los Angeles until 1980, when he became president of the David Geffen Company. Ten years later the company was sold to Universal and Eric retired. Soon after, inspired by Dorothy Courtney of the Richstone Family Center, Eric began to work with academically gifted kids from impoverished areas of Los Angeles. His fascination with education evolved observing the experience of his own children, Charles and Louis, at the elite schools of Los Angeles. In 1999 Eric began what was destined to become YES.
More from Errol St.Clair Smith
Latest EDwords Articles
- Raffi’s Gift to Baby Belugas: Singing for GretaBy Rita WirtzSeptember 19, 2019
- The Inner Game of TeachingBy Jeffrey PflaumSeptember 18, 2019
- What Teachers Should Be Thinking About On FridayBy J. HarperSeptember 11, 2019
- Rethinking Classroom Design, Fad, Fact or Fancy?By Rita WirtzSeptember 6, 2019
- A ‘Lopsided View of Human Intelligence’: How to Grow Imagination in Higher EducationBy Gillian JudsonSeptember 2, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media