How Courageous Conversations Drive Student Success
Errol St.Clair Smith with Eric Eisner
|In this episode, we speak with the founder of YES. YESis an unconventional program that has delivered exceptional academic success to students in some of the toughest neighborhoods in the nation.
Follow on Twitter: @YESscholars @bamradionetwork
Share 2.4K 0
February 4, 2016 UNward!
Eric Eisner graduated from Columbia College in 1970 and Columbia Law School in 1973 and practiced entertainment law in Los Angeles until 1980, when he became president of the David Geffen Company. Ten years later the company was sold to Universal and Eric retired. Soon after, inspired by Dorothy Courtney of the Richstone Family Center, Eric began to work with academically gifted kids from impoverished areas of Los Angeles. His fascination with education evolved observing the experience of his own children, Charles and Louis, at the elite schools of Los Angeles. In 1999 Eric began what was destined to become YES.
More from Errol St.Clair Smith
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Emily Caruso ParnellMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Debra PierceMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Tim RamseyMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media