Rita Wirtz holds a BA in English and Speech, a master’s degree in reading from Arizona State University (ASU), and an administrative services credential (K–12) through California State University–Sacramento (CSUS). She was a California language arts and reading specialist who has instructed at all levels including K-12 classrooms, labs, and clinics for more than 40 years. Rita was also a HS English teacher, principal (pre-6th), college professor, ESEA program evaluator, curriculum developer, and keynote speaker. She has written a number of reading books for parents and teachers including "Reading Champs: Teaching Reading Made Easy" (2014) and her memoir, "Stories From a Teacher’s Heart: Memories of Love, Life and Family" (2019). She currently lives in Oregon.
Latest EDwords Articles
- Feliz Navidad! Tex-Mex, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas!By Rita WirtzDecember 4, 2019
- Filled with Great ThanksgivingBy Rita WirtzDecember 2, 2019
- Everything for AllBy Rita WirtzNovember 26, 2019
- Giving Thanks for a Life Well Lived!By Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
- If You’re Wondering What Mindfulness Is Really AboutBy Rita WirtzNovember 25, 2019
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media