Rita Wirtz holds a BA in English and Speech, a master’s degree in reading from Arizona State University (ASU), and an administrative services credential (K–12) through California State University–Sacramento (CSUS). She was a California language arts and reading specialist who has instructed at all levels including K-12 classrooms, labs, and clinics for more than 40 years. Rita was also a HS English teacher, principal (pre-6th), college professor, ESEA program evaluator, curriculum developer, and keynote speaker. She has written a number of reading books for parents and teachers including "Reading Champs: Teaching Reading Made Easy" (2014) and her memoir, "Stories From a Teacher’s Heart: Memories of Love, Life and Family" (2019). She currently lives in Oregon.
Latest EDwords Articles
- Dive in: 5 Things to Think About When You’re Planning for Early Learning OnlineBy Rita WirtzMarch 31, 2020
- Moments. Reflections. Leaving Footprints On Your Reading HeartsBy Rita WirtzMarch 29, 2020
- Leading By Example, Together We Are Strong!By Rita WirtzMarch 15, 2020
- You’re a Teacher and You Matter!By Rita WirtzMarch 11, 2020
- Relationship Building Is Not a ConsequenceBy Rita WirtzMarch 2, 2020
© Copyright 2019 Accretive Media